SIMS 53rd conference in Reykjavik, Iceland, October 4-6, 2012.
You are all welcome to the 53rd SIMS conference on Simulation and
Modelling October 4-6.
The focus of this year's conference is geothermal reservoir modeling and design
of hydro and geothermal power plants, but also all kind of simulation papers are very welcome,
both relating to software platforms and applications of all kind.
You can find more information on the webpage
which is the SIMS official webpage.
The time schedule is as follows:
- Invitations to submit papers April 19.
- Dead-line for submission of abstracts is June 20th 2012.
- Acceptance message June 30th.
- Submission of full papers by August 30th.
- Review until September 15th.
- Feedback to authors September 15th.
- Complements to papers submitted by September 25th.
- Conference: October 4-6
- Conference presentations: October 4th and 5th
- All day technical visit: October 6th
- NEW: DETAILED PROGRAMME - the updated agenda, all the abstracts as well as information about the field trip (PDF)
Follow this link
to submit your papers.
PLEASE REGISTER HERE
Registration Fees (VAT included) are:
Full registration fees include admission to all the sessions of the conference, the
conference proceedings,refreshments, lunches and the conference
dinner as well as a field
trip on October 6th to hot wells and a thermal power plant using steam from the ground.
- 450 € Delegates (Early) – before August 1
- 490 € Delegates (Late)
- 420 € Delegates with paper submission
- 400 € Members of the EUROSIM member societies with or without paper submission
- 80 € Master and Bachelor Students (Early) – before August 1
- 100 € Master and Bachelor Students (Late)
- 70 € Accompanying guest/dinner ticket
The student fees include admission to all the sessions and refreshments.
The guest fees are for additional company to the conference dinner only.
All prices are including VAT, and do not include the price of the hotel.
PLEASE REGISTER HERE
Further information about the conference
This page will be updated in the coming weeks
with information about venue and other information.
Please note: Conference participants make their own hotel reservations.
A hotel nearby the Energy Authority is Arctic Comfort Hotel
This is a three-star hotel in Reykjavik. The hotel offers large (24-27 m2) single, double and triple rooms.
- Single Superior Room is 5700 ISK (Icelandic Krona) per night with breakfast
- Twin Superior Room is 7500 ISK per night with breakfast
If you make a reservation at this hotel, then please make a note that you are attending the SIMS conference.
Orkustofnun - National Energy Authority,
Grensásvegur 9, IS-108 Reykjavik, Iceland
The organizers are:
at the National Energy Authority (NEA) .
- Petra Steinunn Sveinsdottir (petra(dot)steinunn(dot)sveinsdottir(at)os(dot)is),
- Hannes Arnórsson (hannes(dot)arnorsson(at)os(dot)is) and
- Jónas Ketilsson (jonas(dot)ketilsson(at)os(dot)is)